1st Choice Jobs
Canterbury/Work from Home
Our client is looking for a Lead Developer to join their technical team. They are based in Canterbury and London, plus offer remote working. The ideal candidate will have high competency in at least one of their core technology platforms:
- PHP: Drupal, Laravel, Symfony
- Python: Django
We are also interested in hearing from senior developers looking to take the next jump in their career and move into a leadership and mentoring position. You may have had some experience before and are looking for a supportive environment to guide your journey along this path.
You'll also get to work with a wide variety of the latest technologies. Our client's diverse client portfolio means they need to apply many different technologies in different situations. Recent projects have included developing isomorphic React applications, producing strongly typed functional code, deployment pipelines to Google Firebase and AWS Lambda, building Dockerised infrastructure, and contributing to open source projects.
If you can inspire a delivery team, have a passion for technical excellence, and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with clients, then this will be a great role for you.
• Flexible working hours and locations - the ideal candidate will be happy to travel to the Canterbury office at least once a week.
• 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• An annual personal £250 wellness fund, which you can spend on improving your health and wellbeing
• Equipment budget of up to £500 each calendar year, to spend at your discretion on anything that helps you do your job better
• Company pension
• Training budget
• Peer recognition scheme
• Tax-free cycles and e-cycles
• Paid sabbaticals - In the calendar year when you reach five years of continuous employment with the company, you get a five-week sabbatical!
Here’s what to expect:
- Developing innovative, high-quality technical solutions
- Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals
- Using your insight to plan and drive project delivery in iterative time boxes (sprints)
- Giving code and experience back to open source communities
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Presenting and rationalizing your work internally and to clients
- Maintaining high-quality technical standards for all the agency’s output
- Guiding the team in your area of technical specialism
Who we're looking for
- 7+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer
- An ability to translate complex client requirements into a deliverable plan
- Having the interpersonal skills necessary to motivate an Agile cross-disciplinary project team for success
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
- Worked with a good range of third party APIs
- Familiarity with automated deployment systems and test frameworks
- Experience of planning and monitoring software delivery using Jira
- Contributions to, or stewardship of, an open-source project
- Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.