Not logged in to Jobsinsurrey.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Technical Accountant - Reinsurance
City of London, Greater London
Technical Accountant - Reinsurance Premiums
- 2 year Fixed Term Contract - salary to £60,000 p.a. + a benefits package
- Hybrid, flexible working - City of London office & Home.
An opportunity to join a leading, global (re)insurance group based in the City of London who underwrite on both Syndicate and Company platforms.
In this technical accounting role you will be responsible for the processing and validation of premiums through Xchanging and direct from brokers.
You will handle a portfolio of facultative and retrocession reinsurance accounts containing multi-juristiction IPT's. The majority of business is through the bureau but there will also be non-bureau accounting with various international entities.
* Check and process all technical accounting documents.
* Process all assumed and Retro premiums including the calculation of relevant taxes and premium allocation splits.
* Review booked premiums against estimated premiums on a quarterly basis
* Control and processing of closings and Debit Notes.
* Review and resolve cases with unpaid premiums in conjunction with credit control team
* Liaise with Underwriters as necessary
* Liaise with Underwriting Technical Assistants as necessary
* Liaise with Channel Internal Broker team as necessary
* Contributes to the overall results of the company by accounting all premiums on time
- Experience working within outwards reinsurance
- In depth understanding of Lloyds / Xchanging premium processing / accounting processes.
- Familiarity with multi-juristictional risks.
- Knowledge of applying and calculation various global IPT and levies
Ref - 8433
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.