Senior Underwriting Performance Analyst
City of London, Greater London
SENIOR UNDERWRITING PERFORMANCE ANALYST
SALARY : To Â£70,000 + benefits package
LOCATION : Hybrid working from home & City of London office
COMPANY : Lloyds Syndicate
The role holder will be supporting the Performance Manager in their responsibilities to ensure effective oversight and management of underwriting performance.
* Support the Group Underwriting Performance Manager in reviewing underwriting performance across. This includes the oversight of the calculation, recording and reporting of key underwriting performance metrics including technical price, estimate loss cost, renewal rate movement, and aggregate exposure.
* Produce monitoring reports as appropriate to help in the assessment of underwriting performance and ensure that such reports are produced accurately and regularly.
* Produce reports identifying triggers/KPIs with regard to technical underwriting performance metrics which will aid the team in challenging class performance and data inconsistencies. Co-ordinate the Underwriting Performance Analyst to ensure that an accurate record of class performance meetings is maintained, and report to senior management accordingly.
* Help to respond to group-wide queries and ad hoc requests from various group entities.
* Monitoring performance relative to business plans, including any deviations from business plans (including product types and geography), deviations from planned line sizes, aggregate exposure and modelled losses, and recommending any action as appropriate.
* Support the underwriting performance manager in the execution of the business planning process.
* Assist in the timely co-ordination and production of the annual Underwriting Business Plan, including reporting to Board committees and Lloyd's.
* Government Terrorism pools, which each require quarterly and annual submissions to the relevant regulatory body. The candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely completion of these returns, in accordance with defined procedures and following review and sign off from the Underwriting Performance Manager.
* The successful candidate will seek to proactively drive a best practice approach to the completion of these returns and will be expected to improve and/or write documentation where appropriate.
* The role will also provide support, direction, and, where appropriate, challenge, to the Underwriters as to the completion of the underlying data source systems in respect of applicable risks for each return.
* Each return has external (often government department) stakeholders who will need to be managed effectively, including requirements to respond to ad hoc queries
Skills, knowledge, and experience â¦
* Exceptional excel skills
* Prior analytical experience
* Reinsurance and insurance industry knowledge.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong communication skills
* Familiarity with Power BI
* Experience with SQL server, including writing SQL queries
* Prior experience working on outwards reinsurance schemes would be a significant benefit
Ref ~ 8529
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.