Not logged in to Jobsinsurrey.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Wording Quality Control Technician
City of London, Greater London
Wordings Quality Control Technician
Salary - £Open
HYBRID WORKING FLEXIBILITY
Our client is a specialist insurance company operating in the Lloyds/London market, offering the combination of broking and underwriting which provides the ability to quote and bind risks through in-house binding authorities, while providing customers with open market access to Lloyd's, US and international insurers.
To work with the Underwriting, Broking and Technical departments to both;
a) provide expertise and support in all matters regarding policy wordings/certificates/clauses, etc. and
b) review and ensure the quality of Underwriting/ Broking files and contract documentation in terms of compliance, accuracy and to ensure that the company meet regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Quality Control check of technical documentation in respect of In House risks and Binding Authorities, such as quote/binding sheets, confirmations of cover, and accounting entries to ensure they match the specifications and meet both regulatory requirements and the terms of any delegated authority, in accordance with internal guidelines.
* Assist with resolving queries from other departments and offices in relation to policy wordings, clauses, contract documentation, accounting entries etc.
* Assist with the drafting, development and review of new and revised wordings and clauses, as required either for new business/programmes or as required to comply with changes in regulation or market practices.
* Assist with the periodic review of files in line with the Internal Audit Framework.
* Maintain up to date awareness of market practices, FCA rules and other relevant legislation/regulations, particularly as relating to wordings, clauses, Binding Authority Agreements and other contract documentation.
* Assist with monitoring compliance of company obligations with regards Contract Certainty and TCF.
* Attendance at regular Wordings/Quality Control team meetings and wider Technical department meetings.
* Assist with ad hoc projects for the Quality Control team, Technical, Broking and Underwriting departments and Compliance.
* To embrace and actively implement the core principles of Continuous Conversations (Commitments, Feedback and Development) as part of daily activities and with other colleagues.
Skills and experience
* Previous experience in a policy wordings or underwriting role is essential, (US Property) would be a distinct advantage.
* Experience within a London Market setting.
Good standard of literacy, accuracy and attention to detail.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines.
MS Office skills essential, knowledge of insurance/broking systems desirable
REF ~ 8777
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.