Not logged in to Jobsinsurrey.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Syndicate Underwriting Assistant
£25000 - £35000 per annum
City of London, Greater London
* Lloyds Syndicate
* International Specie
* Hybrid, flexible working
* To £35,000 + annual bonus / benefits package / CII study support
Become an active and vital member of the international specie underwriting team. Ensuring that the day to day underwriting activities run smoothly and within regulatory requirements while providing a world class service to clients.
Our client, who are one of the largest Syndicates underwriting in Lloyds, are looking for a recent graduate with 12/18 months experience working in an office environment, Insurance industry experience and in particular exposure to the Lloyds/Company markets is preferred but not essential.
You will receive on the job training from leading market professionals, a structured career development plan and study support towards CII qualifications.
Duties will include :
* Assist underwriters at the box in Lloyds.
* Set up references for new & renewal accounts.
* Make sure all risks are actioned accordingly in the underwriting management system and record all offers and responses (written & signed, NTU, declined)
* Accuracy checking & write up notes before UW sign-off.
* Act as Team Data Steward
* Assist in creating late payment reports and data fitness reports.
* Liaise with the Actuarial and modelling team regarding pricing.
* Ensure the effective development of client/ broker relationships..
* Participate in the monitoring of premium payments and liaise with Brokers where necessary
* Participate in the monitoring of underwriting against the annual business plan drawing attention to exceptions where identified.
* Assistance with exposure management, modelling and actuarial to capture work as well as RDS (Realistic Disaster Scenario)
* Assistance with resolving standard risk review queries
What you need to bring:
* Degree educated
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-motivation & strong organisational skills
* A desire to build a long-term career within underwriting
Ref ~ 8829
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.