Not logged in to Jobsinsurrey.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Compliance Manager - General Insurance
City of London, Greater London
Location: City of London & Home - hybrid flexibility
Salary : to £70,000
We are proud to be working with one of the UK's leading insurance groups. They are providers of specialist commercial insurance products to the business community, with a strong footprint in the SME market together with niche personal lines products.
In recent years through a strategic plan they have successfully expanded their broker partnership network and developed a vibrant cover holder / scheme business providing delegated authority.
* As a representative of the Second Line of Defence, assist with the monitoring and facilitate the implementation of effective regulatory risk management practices by operational management in the Relevant Business and assist the risk owners in reporting adequate risk
* Assist with the construction and deliverance of Compliance policies and procedures within the Relevant Business and ensure resolution, develop corrective action plans and track implementation status for revisions of other compliance-related controls
* Assess whether policies and procedures, systems and controls fully address regulatory or compliance strategic requirements applicable to the Relevant Business. Develop, implement, embed and maintain an efficient Compliance framework of policies and procedures, systems and controls
* Identify compliance training needs, develop and deliver compliance training within the Relevant Business
* Identify and assess compliance and regulatory risks in the Relevant Business taking into account relevant internal and external sources of data as well as changes to assessments of other risk types
* Assist in the Creation and deliverance of an annual Compliance Plan for the Business, appropriate communications to colleagues in the Relevant Business as set out in the Compliance Plan, and on an ad-hoc basis
* Provide challenge and oversight on business management's assessment and governance of compliance and regulatory risk
* Partnering with the business to review and challenge the design and structuring of specific transactions, new products, services, operational procedures, operational change and initiatives
* Provide advice, from a compliance and regulatory perspective only, on the design of any First Line of Defence quality assurance models
* Investigate, record suspected, alleged or actual breaches of regulatory requirements, work with risk to report, evaluate and assist with any 'Lessons Learnt' after the event training or recourse for the individual/s or units concerned
* Holds a Diploma level qualification in a suitable and applicable subject matter, such as Compliance, Financial Crime, Risk
* Strong regulatory and corporate governance knowledge/understanding required
* Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to engage effectively at all levels to promote an effective/business focused compliance culture
* Ability to work, both individually and as a team, under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
* Commercial awareness - a commercial and pragmatic approach to managing compliance risks
* Commitment to continuous professional development and maintaining excellent understanding of regulatory developments
* Must be committed to maintaining a robust compliance culture and high ethical standards
REF ~ 9075
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.