£35000.00 - £38000 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Job: Claims Technician
Location: Hybrid - 2/3 days in London
A Lloyds Broker is looking for someone to join their Claims team within a Claims Technician role. The purpose of the role is to assist the existing Claims Handlers and Claims Brokers in the team.
* Assisting claims team across a mixture of Professional/ Financial risks including PI, D&O, and Cyber claims.
* Administration of clients' claims, including providing advice to clients, issuing notifications/ advice to Insurers including the settlement of claims/ fees.
* Liaison with insurers, lawyers, and loss adjusters on client claims.
* To provide technical claims advice and support to the claims manager, claims assistants, placing brokers and the accounts team where necessary.
* Deal with incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and other third parties in a professional and timely manner.
* Manage claims on behalf of clients, provide advice on whether a claim is covered, issue and administer claims, negotiate the claims settlement and ensure prompt payment to the client or third parties.
* Actively monitor progress on outstanding claims and provide timely and accurate feedback to clients and placing brokers.
* Input data onto the Brokasure Enterprise system as well as daily use of ECF
* Liaise with insurers, lawyers, loss adjusters and other third parties regarding the administration of claims.
Key Skills/ Requirements:
* Previous experience within a similar Claims role
* Knowledge across PI, D&O and Cyber claims
* An understanding of standard policy terms and acceptable market variations.
* Familiarity with legal and regulatory policy in relation to the insurance contract.
* An understanding of claims handling processes and procedures including an awareness of London market developments
* Use of ECF is essential .
* Strong interpersonal skills - able to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
* Communication skills - able to communicate with people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
* File Management - able to keep accurate records in an efficient manner in accordance with internal procedures.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.