£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Job: Marine Technician
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: Hybrid London/ Home working
A Lloyd's Broker is looking for a Marine Technician to be responsible for producing and processing post placement documentation, processing premium, credit control and file and record management.
* Timely and accurate production of debit/ credit notes, security schedules, evidence of cover and Endorsements
* Produce evidence of insurance/certificates/Letters of Undertaking for third parties on clients' instructions, as necessary
* Reviews documents at key stages to ensure accuracy and completeness for subsequent processing.
* Process original, additional/ return premiums and any other associated transactions, as necessary
* Generates the correct market closing documentation and submits premium to the company market and bureau via delinking/ A&S.
* Manage premium payment and pursue the receipts of funds from client to ensure settlement terms
* Assist with reconciliation of unallocated cash as soon as practicable or escalates the problem to divisional management/ accounts as appropriate.
* Ensure that correspondence, documentation, statistics etc. are retained in accordance with the Best Practice Manual and divisional procedures to demonstrate a complete audit trail.
* High technical standards are maintained to achieve quality, minimal rework and minimal E&O exposure.
* Maintain confidentiality in systems and procedures.
* Review files to ensure that correspondence, documents, statistics etc. are retained in accordance with Best Practice Manual/divisional procedures providing a complete audit trail.
* Supports the introduction of new processes in response to regulation changes.
* Assist management to ensure all company compliance directives are met.
KEY SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS:
* Previous experience within a similar Technical role
* Marine experience with a broker, underwriter or bureau.
* Preferred experience in a role that requires accuracy and attention to detail.
* Detailed understanding of all back office functions (Premium collection, DXC, IBA, Debit Notes) and how it is aligned to the Front end process.
* Market and industry structure and operation, including regulation awareness
* Technical insurance to Cert CII, or equivalent experience
* Client servicing
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* IT literacy in Word, Outlook and Excel
* Ability to build relationships with other departments and functions
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.