Senior Structural Engineer
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Plus Benefits
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
Temporary structural engineers wanted.
Job - Structural or Geotechnical Engineers
Location: Esher / Farringdon
Company: Expert leaders in Temp works, structural and geotechnical engineering
Projects: Temp works on large infrastructure projects across the UK
Software skills needed: Structural engineering software & Geotechnical
Salary & Work Hours:
* £35,000 - £50,000
* Working hours 8:00 am - 4:30pm
* 42.5 Hours per week
* Top Tier Training towards other qualifications and Chartership
* Hybrid / Flexible working - Preference to be in the office 4 days per week
* 20 Days Annual leave plus Bank Holiday
* Memberships paid with the ICE / ISTRCUTE
* Potential to move up to senior engineer within 3-5 years
* Potential to move up to associate level within 3-5 years
About the company:
Expert leading consultancy in the field of temporary works, including all of those parts of the works that allow or enable construction of, protect, support or provide access to, the permanent works. Employing over 40 structural and geotechnical engineering professionals, we are part of a global Group but also act as an independent consultant to major property clients and construction companies.
* Develop drawings and calculations for temporary works and construction methods including:
* Heavy lift plans (site logistics, equipment selection, design of custom rigging and lifting devices, hoisting and jacking systems, custom tools, and crane pad designs)
* Erection procedures or planned sequences related to construction or demolition operations
* Evaluation of existing structures for construction loads and/or demolition planning
* Structural analysis to ensure stability during the temporary condition of new bridges, viaducts, buildings, tunnels, and other structures (for example: construction staging, design of temporary falsework systems, and rebar cage hoisting and support)
* Support of excavation systems or cofferdams for construction below grade
* Temporary bridges, trestles, work platforms, fall protection systems, formwork, and other features relating to our construction operations
* Perform and/or review others' calculations and design drawings, according to industry codes, standards, additional client design criteria, and structural theories
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.