£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Our client who is a Lloyd's Managing Agency is looking for an Actuarial Assistant to report to the Chief Actuary and the role holder will work closely with all areas of the business, including underwriting.
The candidate will be expected to pursue the exams of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and a full study support package will be available.
* Quarterly reserving exercises
* Monthly Actual V Expected analyses
* Loss ratios for business planning purposes
* Parameterisation and validation of the Internal Capital Model
* Various Lloyd's reports, including the Standard Formula and LCR submission
* Reports and supporting analysis for committee meetings, with opportunity to present findings
* Supporting the risk function to inform risk appetite, ORSA and stress & scenario testing
* Collaborate with the underwriting team to prepare the SBF
Essential Skills Required:
* Prior experience in an actuarial role
* Progress made towards the exams of the IFoA
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider workforce
* The ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
* Strong IT skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
* Previous experience with Capital Models would be an advantage ReMetrica experience preferred.
* Previous experience of the Lloyd's and London Insurance Market would be an advantage, but is not compulsory as training will be provided
* Requires educational attainments: 2.1 or better in a numerate/scientific degree
What you need to know:
* Permanent role
* Based in London with hybrid working
* Salary between £40,000 - £50,000
* A great opportunity to join a growing organisation with lots of training and development opportunities.
* A very inclusive and fair opportunities employer
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who posses in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.