Meiosis Ltd is based in East Malling, Kent and operates internationally. We work with plant breeders, plant propagators and fruit producers in the soft fruit industry to maximise the commercial potential of new soft fruit varieties. Our parent company, the Nuclear Stock Association (NSA), propagates and distributes high-health, pest and disease-free planting stock of soft fruit varieties. The NSA also administers the Fruit Propagation Certification Scheme (FPCS) on behalf of the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA).
We are now seeking to recruit a Technical Administrator, to be based at our office in East Malling, Kent.
The key aspects of the role are:
• Supporting the administration of the Nuclear Stock Association, including liaising with propagators, tissue culture laboratories and the high-health plant production team to facilitate the production and distribution of plant material in an accurate and timely manner.
• Administration of the Fruit Propagation Certification Scheme.
• Interfacing with research institutes and breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
• Arranging the supply of trial plant material and receiving and evaluating trials data.
• Assisting in the management of trials licences.
• Assisting with the process of registering new varieties for Plant Variety Rights.
• Maintaining and updating the information on the NSA’s website.
• Maintaining and distributing information on plant availability.
• Supporting the Meiosis technical team as required.
The successful applicant is likely to possess the following key attributes:
• An excellent administrator who is able to manage processes with a keen eye for detail.
• A strong communicator with a high standard of written and spoken English.
• IT literate with experience and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Inteum would be beneficial.
• A good working knowledge of another European language such as Polish, Dutch, German or Spanish would be beneficial.
• An interest in plants would be useful.
Please apply in the first instance to Laura Amos at the Meiosis office.