VJ Technology are looking for a full-time permanent IT Infrastructure & Support Engineer based at their Head Office in Ashford, Kent.
Reporting to the IT Manager, they will be responsible for:
• Troubleshooting support desk issues across a wide range of software and hardware (PC’s, laptops, peripherals & printers)
• Working closely with other members of the team to document, plan and execute IT projects
• Proactively monitoring all network devices, services and servers
• Linux & Windows system administration
• Office 365 Management
• AWS Management
• Evaluate, test and deploy software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure
• Define, document and enforce system & security standards
• Creating and maintaining documentation for IT systems/Infrastructure processes and procedures
• Assist in developing, implementing, testing and maintaining disaster recovery plans
• Manage and troubleshoot network and internet connectivity throughout the organisation
• Build, configure and troubleshoot desktop and laptop systems to corporate specifications
• Alignment to processes for collection, assetting, cleansing and disposing of redundant hardware assets
Our ideal candidate will have;
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• A strong understanding of anti-virus & other security products and technologies
• A strong understanding of IT security practices and principles
• Advanced knowledge of Office 365/Exchange Online & Office applications
• Advanced knowledge of Windows 7,10 & Server 2016 / (Linux Ubuntu would be an advantage)
• Good knowledge and familiar with Amazon AWS
• A strong understanding of backup and DR solutions (Zerto would be an advantage)
• A strong understanding of storage systems (NAS/SAN), LAN / WAN technologies, DNS, Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policies
• Knowledge of PC/Server hardware and peripherals would be an advantage
They should also be proactive, self-motivated, resilient, adaptable, have good attention to detail and able to use their initiative, be organised, with good analytical and problem-solving skills, able to multitask and keep up to date with the latest technology and have a driving licence.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 – 18:00 with an hour for lunch (40 hours per week). Due to the position you will be required to work outside of normal working hours when needed.
Please note: Candidates successfully chosen for an interview will be contacted with 10 working days from the date of application via telephone or email. If you have not had any communication after this time, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful.