W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for a HGV2 Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet. The right candidate will be a hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills.
Due to the nature of the role you must have at least 2 years HGV Class 2 experience.
Duties for the role will include delivering palletised cardboard goods in a Class 2 vehicle - mainly in the South East. This will include multi-drops & multi-loads (typically 1-6 addresses per load). . The Depot location of the site is in Northfleet with deliveries within Southern England (Predominantly, Kent, Sussex, London, Hampshire, Essex. Occasionally Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire). This hours for this role are for a minimum of 40 hours per week (actual hours each day dependent on deliveries, typical start time is 6:00 am). A Company mobile phone will be supplied for communication.
Key Requirements for the role:
• You must have a current and relevant HGV Class 2 license, digital tacho card and CPC qualification
• Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients at all levels
• Good attention to detail especially in terms of paperwork
• Ability to work safely and efficiently, observing all Health and Safety Requirements
• Ensuring that all deliveries are completed within the required time limits where possible, without compromising on Customer Service or
• Ensuring that all safety/maintenance checks are carried out, reporting all faults as well as keeping vehicles clean and tidy.
• Excellent communication skills – to advise of any problems/delays/traffic problems/load issues.
• Occasional weekend work a must – typically one Saturday per month.
• Positive “can do” attitude.
• Excellent geographical knowledge and ability to navigate efficiently from one drop to another (drop order planned for you in advance)You
need a sense of urgency without compromising on Health and safety or other legal responsibilities.
To apply for this role please attach a cover letter detailing why you feel that you would make a good HGV2 Driver for the Company.