Training and Volunteer Development Co-ordinator, Medway, Kent
£25,500 per annum
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Closing date 25th February 2019
Our Wellness and Recovery Service in Medway helps adult clients move away from substance misuse treatment services and back into employment and education. Its focus is supporting clients as they make positive, meaningful life changes. The team are now looking for the right person to recruit, train and develop volunteers to support the service.
What you’ll be doing
As the Training and Volunteer Development Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for implementation, development and co-ordination of the volunteers within the service including recruitment and retention. You will play an integral part in Open Road’s bid to become an accredited NCFE Centre and provide training and development opportunities to all volunteers within the service.
What its like to work for Open Road
Open Road provides drug and alcohol treatment services and offender support services across Essex & Kent including a range of interventions that deliver mentoring, advice and information programmes. Accredited with Investing In Volunteers and Investors In People Gold, our mission is to empower a diverse range of individuals, families and communities to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviour and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles.
Benefits to you –
- £25,500 per annum
- 20 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Royal London Pension and Death in Service benefit
- Access to our in-house Organisational Training Plan, and full training tailored to your development needs
- Legal training including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
What you need –
- A sound understanding of volunteer trends and previous ability in developing volunteer offers and programmes.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- A willingness to learn and work with a variety of people.
- A sound working knowledge of volunteering principles and practice.
- An understanding of the differences between staff and volunteers.
- People management skills, coaching, motivation and communication.
- Experience with NCFE accreditation is an advantage.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at enhanced level. To apply, please visit our website to download an application pack. For more information please contact Nicola Rosewarne on 01206 369782, website www.openroad.org.uk
Please note we will only accept application forms, no CV’s.
Open Road values and respects the diversity and individual differences of our services users, staff and our volunteers.