IT Operations Team Leader
The role of IT Operations Team Leader is to manage the IT Operations team to ensure infrastructure availability as per business Service Level Agreements and to successfully plan and deliver technical projects.
Main Responsibilities of the IT Operations Team Leader
· Availability as per SLA agreement with business.
· Firmware, O/Ss and software versions are in a supported state.
· Capacity is monitored and managed.
· Incident and Service Request Management
· Make sure that incidents are accepted and dealt within agreed SLAs.
· Service Requests are prioritised and completed in agreed timescales.
· Problem Management queue is reviewed regularly.
· Overnight batch processing is run successfully each working day.
· Change Management
· Prepare agenda for and run weekly CAB meeting.
· Manage emergency changes.
· Schedule and ensure successful CAB approved implementations.
· Ensure cyber security processes, procedures and monitoring are up to date at all times
· Maintain supplier relationships and manage supplier deliveries.
Project responsibilities of the IT Operations Team Leader
· Maintain a schedule of work for the team over at least a 3-month horizon, taking into account business priorities and available capacity.
· Plan and deliver Technical projects to agreed priorities and timetable.
· Delivery to quality and committed schedule requirements.
· Maintain an early morning, batch start and out of hours support rota.
· Monthly reporting of achievements and outstanding workload.
· Major incident response and technical leadership.
· Budget awareness and invoice management.
· Ensure the team follow agreed ITIL practices.
· Provide input into cyber security development
· Identify and justify team skills and training needs
· An in-depth understanding of IT infrastructure.
· Leadership skills to maintain morale whilst meeting challenging goals.
· Management skills including estimating, planning, communication and influencing. Also, negotiation skills and workload balancing.
· ITIL methodology.
· Up to date awareness of cyber security developments.
Key Performance Indicators:
· An accurate plan for the team based on business priorities.
· Business expectations are managed.
· Technical projects are delivered and deployed on time.
· Service Level Agreements are met.
· Key Risk Indicators remain “green”
Experience and Qualifications of the IT Operations Team Leader
· Experience of working with Unix and Windows operating systems.
· Experience of managing people and achieving results through others.
· Experience within Financial Services
· Degree level or equivalent.
· ITIL foundation as a minimum.
Apply for this role of IT Operations Team Leader today!