Our prestigious packaging company based near Gillingham is recruiting for an experienced Buyer to cover maternity leave. The role will start end of March beginning of April for a handover.
In this role, you will take full responsibility for all buying activities within the company. The successful candidate will have experience of speaking to suppliers to negotiate the best terms possible in relation to goods and services on the base of price, quality, delivery times and services support.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Attending briefing meetings with Sales & Product Development
• Obtaining quotes for Sales on requested packs
• Checking & negotiating costs
• Identifying new potential suppliers
• Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives
• Holding regular supplier meetings to review quality & service levels
• Producing reports and statistics using computer software
• Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities
• Developing market knowledge and contacts for new products and services
• Negotiating final group pricing on sales orders
• Negotiating annual costs on core components
• Assisting Operations during peak season with any supplier concerns
• Liaising between suppliers and relevant internal departments
• Tracking SLA & rebates
• Working with Design on value engineering
• Controlling packaging sample approval with Design
• Raising procurement on all componentry
• Attending management team meetings
• Working closely with Product Development on product sourcing
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified or have proven experience within procurement – ideally packaging.
Working full time - Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm, 9am to 3pm on Friday. 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays.