Forestrall is seeking an experienced HGV/LGV Category C Lorry Delivery Driver to join its busy operation in Bean, near Dartford, Kent, DA2 8AH.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches in Kent serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts. We are known for supplying the right timber products on time, every time across the South East of England.
Most of our work is in and around the London and Kent area and we work on a multi-drop basis. Some jobs will need to be unloaded by hand, others using the loader crane – training will be provided. We deliver to both construction sites and customers’ homes.
• An owner of a clean driving licence?
• Certified to drive HGV/LGV Class 2 Category C 18 tonne / 26 tonne vehicles?
• Experienced at the above type of driving (minimum 2 years) and completing multi-drop deliveries?
• A valid digital tachograph driver smart card/CPC holder with an excellent understanding of compliance to Working Time regulations and drivers’ hours’ rules?
• Top notch at customer service with a “Can Do” attitude to customers and colleagues alike?
• Self-motivated, with a flexible approach and excellent communication skills?
• Efficient in completing all relevant paperwork and following instructions?
As a Forestrall delivery driver, you will be required to safely and securely deliver goods to our customers whilst representing the company with a professional approach. You will be loading and unloading so heavy lifting will be involved. You will be driving and operating our crane lorry - experience desirable but training will be provided. In addition, the role includes supporting colleagues within the yard and office.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am to 5.00pm and every other Saturday 8.00am to 12.00pm midday, an average of 47 hours per week. Fixed hours, no long haul, late evenings or nights out required.
Holiday: 20 days a year (5 days to be taken during Christmas/New Year business shutdown), plus Public/Bank Holidays.
Workplace pension plan.
Salary: £30,000 per annum.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.
Apply in writing with CV using the Apply Now button: