My client based in Chatham, Kent is looking for an 'Underwriter'. They focus on specialist mortgage lending to consumers, entrepreneurs and SMEs in subsectors of the UK market.
The key purpose of this role is to facilitate and progress mortgage applications, within the assigned mandate level, through to mortgage offer and in line with the Bank's operating procedures and policies.
* Tier 1: Entry level into the role - 24m experience in a mortgage administration or underwriting role within a Bank or Building Society is essential - salary range of £26,500 - £30,000
* Tier 2: 3+ years mandated experience including both BTL and/or a Commercial/Residential mandate is essential - salary range of £30,000 - £35,000
* Underwrite allocated applications to offer, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting further information from relevant stakeholders where required and verifying this on receipt.
* Offer mortgages to approved borrowers, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting any outstanding information if required an verifying it on receipt
* Review Agreement in Principle requests in a timely manner ensuring that the information meets the requirements of the Lending Policy and confirms decisions to the relevant intermediary.
* Communicate with intermediaries on declined cases, handle objections and provide objective feedback to any questions
* Provide telephone support as required to ensure customer service standards are managed and maintained
* Manage escalations and resolve technical queries from other team members
* Respond to complaints within SLA's seeking advice and guidance from Senior Underwriters where necessary
* Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to Senior Underwriters, Line Managers or Compliance Department immediately
* Support the Completions Consultant where required with technical queries
* Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements
* Participate in any adhoc or strategic project work as and when required
* Participate in User Acceptance Testing as required.
* Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
* 24m experience in a mortgage administration or underwriting role within a Bank or Building Society is essential
* 36m previous experience working within the financial services industry is essential
* Intermediate level of knowledge of FCA regulation re residential mortgages is essential
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (in particular Word and Excel) is essential
* GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
If you are interested please apply immediately and I will be in contact.