Our client, a rapidly developing enterprise currently engaged in huge re-development projects, are seeking a SHEQ Environmental Technician to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will assist with the management of the Environmental Management System and undertake environmental monitoring within client's operational remit, and their approaches in order to provide satisfactory and safe environmental service within the immediate environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* to assist with the management of the ISO14001 Environmental Management System including updating the activity register and carrying out environmental audits;
* to monitor all environmental occurrences and contribute to monthly statistical reports;
* to undertake or assist with routine, regular and periodic environmental surveys using the established procedures and techniques to obtain data to ensure that environmental baselines are being complied with;
* to monitor the client's established environmental baselines, report against these and to revise them from time-to-time in accordance with legislative changes.
* BSc in Environmental, Marine Environmental or Science Discipline;
* field and practical experience in environmental monitoring;
* it would be an advantage to hold an understanding of the relationships between: species, ecosystems, habitats and the natural and anthropogenic causes and influences on them.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.