Designation: Examination Invigilator
Department: Finance and Admin
Responsible to: The Examinations Officer
Pay: £8.68 per hour
Contractual hours: Zero Hours Contract (Term Time only)
Working Times: Part time/Seasonal
To provide an efficient and effective invigilation support service to the School examination department and ensure the integrity and security of the examination papers and that procedures are followed during examination sessions.
• Responsible for the supervision of students during examination periods including seating of students within the exam environment.
• Responsible for confidential documentation and information relating to students.
• Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of examination papers/scripts, equipment and stationery.
• Ensure all scripts and examination stationery are collected and checked at the end of each examination.
• Return scripts and associated documentation and equipment to the Examinations Officer or other delegated officer.
• Promote a positive and calm working environment for all students and treat all pupils and colleagues with professional respect.
• Report any security concerns to the Examinations Officer.
• Monitor candidates throughout the duration of the exam and maintain silence.
• Responsible for all health and safety issues including knowing how to deal with emergencies in examination conditions, including evacuation routes from the building.
• To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development.
• Dealing with queries from staff and pupils relating to examination scripts and procedures
• May be required to distribute and collect stationery.
Our increasing success at Key Stage 4 (Progress 8 in two of the last three years significantly high) has resulted in our Sixth Form expanding. Students are able to choose to study over 25 subjects, combining academic and vocational qualifications, this is further extended by our collaboration with the grammar school in our Trust.
Success in Level 3 courses has risen dramatically to 100% pass rate and average grade has risen from a U(!) to a C grade within the last 5 years, though we are now ambitious to crack into the B average! We have our first students applying to Cambridge this year with a very good prospect of being accepted.
The school draws its students from across the whole of the Medway area. The majority live in rented accommodation and the proportion from advantaged backgrounds is much lower than average. This is a school where you really do feel that you make a difference every day!
Please visit our website for a flavour of the soul of Thomas Aveling
To embrace students of all abilities, enabling each one to achieve their very best
To provide inspirational teaching and learning for the young people at our school within a caring environment
To reward all achievements
To offer challenging experiences
To develop qualities of self-discipline, integrity, respect, honesty, trust and compassion
To develop an effective partnership with all parents
To encourage links with, and an understanding of, industry and commerce
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete and forward a School Application Form, together with a supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4, outlining your suitability for the role and stating how your qualifications and previous experience have prepared you for this position.
Your completed application should be returned to:
Mr P Jackson
The Thomas Aveling School
ROCHESTER Kent ME1 2UW
Or by e-mail to: [email protected]
(please also forward hard copy by post)
no later than:
9am on Monday 1st April 2019
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
INTERVIEWS anticipated shortly after the deadline