Sales Ledger and Credit Control Clerk required for an international business in Tunbridge Wells. As the European Head Office for this global operation, the 12 month Sales Ledger/Credit Control contract role will be responsible for preparing sales invoices, allocating payments, chasing outstanding invoices for this dynamic, fast paced operation.
Detailed duties of the Sales Ledger/Credit Control Clerk will include;
- Credit Control by telephone and e-mail
- Allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Account reconciliations
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Aged debtor’s analysis
- Processing reminder letters and monthly statements
- Liaising with Customers, and Sales to resolve queries relating to the non-payment of invoices
- Ensuring Debtor Days Targets are achieved
- Sending out invoices and statements via email, post and EDI
- Setting up new customer accounts on the system
- Working with credit insurance company to arrange credit insurance limits and to maintain limits on the current portfolio of customers
- Checking orders have been processed correctly
- Challenging, investigating and obtaining the necessary paperwork for credit note
- Banking cheques
- Other duties as and when required
The successful candidate must be able to fluently speak French and ideally will have a solid grounding in a Sales Ledger/Credit Control role. This is preferred but general experience within a finance based role will also be considered.
The business is very dynamic and fast paced so therefore interested candidates must enjoy working in a pressurised environment.
Offered on a 12 month contract basis to cover maternity, the role is to start ASAP. Own car is essential.