Kenard Engineering is a well-established, privately owned manufacturing company specialising in CNC flexible machining, using state of the art multi-pallet machine tools, manufacturing components for the aerospace and telecommunications industries. We are a world class supplier of mechanical parts and our success is created through teamwork.
Based in Dartford we have an opening for a manual assembly, masker and finisher in our Deburring /Finishing Department.
The basic working week is 39hrs, but overtime is readily available at the moment.
1. Remove burrs to make product safe for handling.
2. Assemble parts ready for paint and disassemble after paint
3. Finish product to high standard according to specifications and or instruction.
4. Use all equipment safely and correctly.
5. Use a crane to lift large or heavy pieces if required.
6. Complete tasks in a timely manner.
7. Stamping batch cards.
8. Booking times to batch cards.
Desirable Competencies, although training can be given:
1. Ability to understand what finishing specifications are expected.
2. Have patience and knowledge in finishing work to a high standard.
3. Knowledge of tools to be used, including how to operate cranes.
4. Comply with Health and Safety rules.
5. Ensure use of PPE when handling potentially hazardous products.
We are looking for someone who is good with their hands and able to perform tasks with a sense of urgency to maximise output.
This position would suit a lady or a man who is dextrous and has good eyesight.
De-burring is the localised removal of all sharp edges and burrs from products by dressing using hand-tools and small power tools. It is an important step in production which ensures that the finish of the product regarding burrs meets customer specifications. It may be necessary to carry this out several times at different stages in production but is always done diligently and carefully to ensure the standards are met and product is not damaged.
In return we offer competitive rate of pay - the starting rate of pay for this role is approx. £9.50 per hour - depending on experience and skill, a genuine sick pay, employer pension contribution, death in service benefit, profit related pay – if eligible, CPD and a friendly working environment and excellent working conditions.
Apply with your CV via the apply online button
To find out more about our company, please go to our website www.kenard.com.