Location: Bright Beginnings Nursery, Dering Way, Gravesend.
Working hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday) / 52 weeks per annum.
Salary: Tier 8
An exciting opportunity has arisen within North Kent College’s Nursery provision, Bright Beginnings, in the capacity of a Nursery Cook. Specific responsibilities of the Nursery Cook’s role include but are not exclusive to:
• To work with the nursery manager and staff to prepare menus in accordance with the needs of the children and their parents.
• To cook healthy fresh meals and snacks throughout the day, from a range of fresh ingredients, from scratch following our established menu.
• To be up to date with all environmental health guidelines and have awareness of allergies and allergens.
• To complete all necessary paperwork as required to ensure that monitoring of high standards of hygiene, and health and safety is maintained in the kitchen at all times.
• To order food on a weekly basis from identified supplies. Ensuring that correct amounts of food ordered and when putting the shopping away ensure that control kitchen stock is adhered too.
• To carry our price comparisons on food items at various points in the year to ensure that food budget is adhered too.
• Ensure the kitchen and equipment is kept suitably clean at all times including walls, floors and trolleys to transport food following a cleaning schedule. On a daily basis that all crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils are washed in accordance with food safety guidelines.
• To have total responsibility of the kitchen, cleaning all of the equipment and appliances, take temperatures of the food, fridge and freezer and record these in the kitchen file.
• To ensure you have a clean uniform, including head wear, daily and wear suitable footwear for working in a busy kitchen space.
• Have the ability to work as part of a team and use your own initiative.
• Have the ability to manage your own time and prioritise tasks.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties and or training as directed by the Nursery Manager.
In return, you can look forward to other excellent benefits including 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, free parking, onsite nursery, restaurants and a coffee shop. In addition to the above, you will enjoy discounted sports facilities, gym membership and beauty treatments.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit North Kent College’s staff vacancies page.
Closing date for applications: Friday 31 May 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, providing it to the College for review.