Assistant Finance Officer – Board of Education
Part time – 21 hours per week
Salary range: £14,603 - £16,355 (FTE £24,340 - £27,260)
We are currently looking for an excellent Assistant Finance Officer to join our small but busy team based at the Diocesan Office in Rochester. The Assistant Finance Officer will work closely with the Director of Education to assist in the effective running of the Board of Education’s finance operation.
The successful applicant should have strong attention to detail and be an excellent communicator, proficient in accounting systems and report writing. A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar finance function such as a school, office or charity is essential.
• Preparing the annual and quarterly management accounts
• Monitoring and reporting on income, expenditure and budget control procedures
• Raising invoices and arrange authorised payments
• Producing reports and documents for Board of Education meetings and Committees, review existing reports and make recommendations for improvements
• Processing expense claims for the team
• Liaising with internal board and committees as well as external investment managers and auditors