We are currently seeking for packers to work for one of our clients based in Smarden, Kent.
This position is to start immediately.
We are currently looking for candidates to work within a well-established company in the outskirts of Ashford. Own transport is ideal as the company is not assessable by public transport.
This job will involve working at a fast but accurate pace to keep the machines running, checking the machines and products continuously and making sure that all health and safety procedures are being adhered to. The machines are producing a waterproof coating that is being placed in film, then is required to be packed ready for storage/ dispatch.
Candidates are required to operate machines that are running, keeping the tar-like product in liquid form. It is then being solidified and placed onto a film that then gets rolled, to do this the machines are working and keeping the product at an extremely high temperature, this means that the working environment is hot and loud and health and safety is assessed at all times.Another role that would be required is packing the industrial coatings and placing them into boxes ready for storage/despatch, and also quality controlling of the product.
Your daily duties will involve:
• Keeping the machines running smoothly
• Reloading the machines to make sure that production isn’t delayed
• Keeping to strict health and safety procedures
• Cutting the products to the correct measurements
• Labelling the products according to the clients requirements
• Packing the products ready for storage/ dispatch
Due to the type of product that you will be working with, health and safety is essential. You will need to wear the correct PPE at all times and abide to all the health and safety precautions. The machines and storage containers have safe guards so that they are safe enough for you to work with them.
The ideal candidate:
• Have their own transport and this company is not assessable by public transport
• Be able to work well on their own as well as part of a team
• Be able to work at a quick but accurate pace
• Be able to abide by strict health and safety policies
Candidates must be comfortable lifting up to 25kg, it will involve working in a hot and noisy environment.
Working hours are Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30 Paid at £8.21 per hour with a 30 min lunch break.