Trainee Projects Engineer
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday or as appropriate.
To assist Project Management in the running of contracts, whilst undertaking smaller contracts under supervision.
• To research and develop skills in Mechanical Services particularly design concepts.
• To work closely with Project Managers or other Members of the Project Office team.
• To develop skills in estimating contracts from drawings and specifications.
• To develop commercial skills and the monitoring of project performances.
• To develop skills in recognising business opportunities and their benefit to the company.
• To attend weekly project meetings and report progress.
• To develop skills in operational activities.
• To generally contribute to company activities.
• To implement company directives especially with respect to current Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental and Equal Opportunities Policies.
• To ensure all company paperwork procedures and terms and conditions of trading are fully implemented and report any omissions.
• To prepare in consultation with Project Managers, contract programmes using Microsoft project and other contract documentation.
• To resource and purchase goods, services and labour at optimum prices and maximum discounts.
• To maintain confidentially regarding security of company records, staff records, client records and premises.
• To undertake all aspects of managing smaller contracts with guidance from Project Managers.
• To develop skills in preparation of interim valuations/invoices and contract variations.
• To develop skills in the monitoring and control of Health and Safety Welfare Procedures for contracts in progress.
• To develop job costing skills.
Candidates must have:
• A basic understanding of the Building Services Industry.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Be self-motivated
• A smart appearance
• A confident approach to work
• A willingness to learn and ultimately progress within the Project Office
Candidates are preferred to have:
• ONC / OND in Building Services Engineering (HVAC)
• HNC / HND in Building Services Engineering (HVAC)
• Consideration would be given to those currently studying for their HNC / HND