CDEC is one of the country’s leading dynamic audio-visual integrators with an innovative portfolio of bespoke AV solutions selling into different vertical markets such as education, corporate and the retail world.
By adopting a partnership approach with both clients and manufacturers, CDEC ensures that every installation is tailored to the individual needs of each project.
We are looking for a dynamic, determined, Business Development Manager to cover the South of England. The successful applicant will have previous experience in the Audio Visual industry and will be self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative to bring in new business as well as maintain existing clients. We are looking for someone with a proven sales record who can build strong relationships with customers.
• To represent CDEC in a selling role
• Formulate a sales strategy on a weekly basis (list of targets with proposed approach)
• Active sales calls, emails and hard copy literature (based on daily plan)
• On request, provide quotations to target markets (maximising margin whilst remaining competitive).
• Complete quotations on CRM System
• Follow up quotations (within an agreed period – agreed at quote stage with customer).
• Undertake quick logic check of Order against Quotation and clarify with customer if unsure.
• Clarify any post-sales site survey issues with customer.
• Offer pre and post sales account management (post-sales management should be restricted to initial escalation to helpdesk/purchasing and decision-making on commercially important issues) to customers meaning regular contact and business hours availability.
• Record all activity on the CRM database for all existing and potential customers and ensure all KPI’s are met
• Undertake site visits where it is deemed beneficial (i.e. worth a full or half day out of the office). Ensuring a Full site survey is carried out and is made available for engineers
• Provide live demonstration on full product range as required/ using Distributors and manufacturers if required
• Attend sales focussed exhibitions/workshops and manage a CDEC stand as required to generate leads
• Contribute successful sales strategies (things that have worked or not worked, etc.) to monthly sales meetings.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management
• Flexibility to take on tasks as required
• A Team Player
• Ability to use own initiative
• Proven sales record