Highway Care is a highly innovative and creative company dealing in the research, development and marketing of a unique range of life-saving, energy absorbing, road safety products.
Due to expansion we are now looking for a Finance Apprentice to join our small and friendly finance team at the Company's newly relocated Head Office, where on site parking is available.
The successful candidate will provide support to all aspects of the finance team whilst studying to gain the AAT qualification. The role will provide hands-on practical experience in the core operational areas that are responsible for running the financial aspects of the business, starting with Accounts Payable & Receivable, Cash Book, Purchasing, and finally Management Accounts.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1) Reconciliation of company bank accounts
2) Booking in supplier delivery notes & invoices
3) Placing purchase orders when required
4) Maintaining fixed asset register and processing depreciation journal
5) Accruals & prepayment schedules
6) VAT returns
7) Completing monthly statutory returns
8) Collation of monthly sales figures
9) Invoice financing reconciliation
10) Revaluation of the cash book & sales ledger
11) Checking the BACS payment proposals for approval
12) Balance sheet Reconciliations
• Knowledge of all M/S office package, particularly Excel
• Excellent time management & organisation skills
• Strong numeracy skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Inquisitive mind & willingness to learn
• Creative problem solver
• Working within a team
• Working to tight deadlines
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Math & English at Grade 4(C) or above and 3 A-levels grade A-C
• Full UK Driving licence
• Working knowledge of Sage 200
• Basic Book-keeping
• Previous experience within a finance-based role
• Level 2 AAT or Equivalent
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team, learning new skills and gaining a qualification all at the same time.
If you are enthusiastic and passionate about embarking on a career in Finance then this might be the opportunity for you!
Please apply in writing and send your CV to - [email protected]