Our client, a successful, well established international business in Mid Kent, are now seeking to appoint an experienced part time HR Manager. Reporting into the MD and working within the UK team, this role will take responsibility for an HR Assistant and the running of the HR function for the company.
The successful candidate will ideally be looking to work c20 hours a week, across 5 days although there may be a degree of flexibility for the right person. This is an excellent opportunity for someone experienced to work in an autonomous role.
Responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for the recruitment and retention of staff
• Ensure that employment contracts are correctly issued, and that disciplinary and grievance issues are dealt with correctly.
• The monitoring of sickness, holiday and other absences.
• Control and running of the monthly payroll and all regulatory work associated with this. Answering employee payroll queries (P11d’s, P60’s, PSA, HMRC dispensation etc).
• The posting of payroll and pension costs to the general ledger and ensuring that deductions from payroll are dealt with appropriately.
• Production of the annual salary budget and the reporting of variance analysis during the year.
• Administration of the Pension Scheme, private healthcare and life assurance schemes.
• To assist at the company’s yearend audit giving any information and analysis required for payroll.
• To give any analysis and information on all payroll related data required by HMRC at audits or compliance checks.
• Working with the company solicitors to ensure that the company handbook and contracts are kept up to date with current legislation.
• Management of two members of staff, ensuring that their duties are carried out effectively and efficiently.