Mechanical and Electrical Technician
£15.38 Per Hour
Our client, a charitable organisation based in Ashford, are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical and Electrical Technician to join their team initially on a three-month contract to deliver service in all areas of mechanical and electrical maintenance, compliance and reactive works. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of both mechanical and electrical systems and this will be underpinned by a qualification in either mechanical or electrical disciplines.
The successful candidate will be working 8.00am - 4.00pm (37.5 hours per week, five out of seven days a week, including weekends) for an hourly rate of £15.38.
Duties and Responsibilities
To work in accordance with the requirements of our client on the following systems and infrastructure:
* Boiler and steam systems
* Hot and cold-water systems
* Low voltage electrical systems
* Fire alarm and detection systems
* Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
* Medical gas systems
* Drainage and wastewater systems
* Carry out tasks without supervision on the above systems, with the ability to analyse problems and find solutions to enable the systems to be fully functional
* Actively participate in the operation of the Technical Solutions CAFM system, including identifying own jobs as being in progress, closing down jobs adding comments plus time taken and notifying Team Leader of work that cannot be completed due to shortage of parts etc. Therefore, must be confident with technology
* Awareness of asbestos, legionella and COSHH
* Have a thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems - a mechanical or electrical bias is acceptable
* Experience of working in an Acute Hospital environment
* Having taken some form of City and Guilds, BTEC qualification or a recognised course
* Working to deadlines
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.