Job Title: Part-time Management Accountant
Term: Permanent, Part time 25 hours per week
Responsible for: Company Accountants, Financial Administrator for Energy Solutions UK Ltd (plus E-Plex Ltd and two smaller companies)
Location: Head Office, Rochester. Kent
Salary: £48k pro rata (based on standard 37.5 hour week), + company pension scheme and private health care
Holiday: 28 days per year including Bank Holidays, pro rata. Rising with length of service
Energy Solutions manufacture & distribute power, monitoring & control products and systems for marine, vehicle, off grid & commercial applications. Our customers include Sunseeker, Fairline, BBC, Vodafone and many others looking for innovative power solutions.
This position provides financial management information for the businesses and ensures the businesses complies with their statutory financial responsibilities as well as protecting and progressing the companies’ growth in UK and International markets. The ideal candidate will have thorough experience of working in a manufacturing environment and be looking to drive their career forward with small, innovative businesses.
• Formal accountancy qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
• On-going skills training as appropriate
• Ideally experienced in a manufacturing business environment
• Minimum of 5 years senior management experience
• Broad computer skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience with SAGE & Xero
• Multi-currency experience
• Working with senior management across a range of departments
• Up to date with latest accounting standards & software
• Confident liaising with external agencies
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Analysis of financial results for management team, development of key performance indicators. Investigating variances and monitoring results against budget.
• Hands-on Management of balance sheets and supporting reconciliations
• Preparation of cashflow forecasts and management of cashflow on a day to day basis,
• Manage all aspects of the accounts function, reviewing accounting procedures, making changes to improve efficiency and control
• Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget in conjunction with the senior management team.
• Liaise with other members of staff to ensure correct management, control and accounting procedures in the MRP software system
• Utilise the MRP system to develop working capital and profitability analysis eg stock turn, stock ageing
• Oversee preparation of monthly payroll and ensure compliance with all matters relating to payroll including pensions.
• Preparation of VAT returns, Intrastat Returns , P11Ds, liaising with HMRC as required
• Liaise with external accountants on preparation of the statutory accounts and general tax matters as required.
• Liaise with bank and invoice discounters on general management of the facilities and preparation of forecasts as required. Provision of abbreviated management accounts to bank on a timely basis.
• Preparation of financial information for grant applications and others as required.
• Ensuring ongoing training of accounts team.
• Attend senior management meetings