Events Marketing Assistant
My client a company based in Maidstone is looking for a proactive and organised individual to join their in house events marketing team. The candidate will be required to work with a variety of teams to co-ordinate and deliver a portfolio of specialist industry events.
Previous marketing experience is not necessary but enthusiasm and willingness to learn and contribute to the team effort is essential – making it an ideal role for someone looking to take their first steps into a new career.
The candidate will on occasion be required to attend events outside of the normal working hours, which are Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Assisting in monitoring active marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with sales/event managers to ensure sponsorship packages are delivered
- Assisting senior marketing colleagues with completing large projects
- Writing dedicated e-mail campaigns across a number of events
- Maintaining social media accounts across a number of events, including producing digital graphics to accompany engaging content
- Creating and updating websites using WordPress
- Working with designers to create eye-catching adverts and advertorials
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of organisation and time management
- Able to take initiative and problem solve
- A keen eye for written and visual details
- Ability to write concise and engaging content tailored for digital or print platforms
- Experience with Adobe programmes and Photoshop
- Experience with WordPress
- Basic understanding of SEO
- A-Level or higher qualification in English/Media
- Previous experience in events
What can we offer:
20 days holidays + bank holidays
Progressive working environment
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.