DGL Testing Services Ltd is a UKAS accredited testing company specialising in testing of bituminous materials used in road and highways construction, ranging from core cutting to physical testing and examination of samples, performed both on site and at our fully equipped laboratory situated on the Kent Science Park in Sittingbourne, Kent. Additionally, we provide a wide range of testing of soils, aggregate and concrete materials both on site and in our Laboratory. The Company works on a variety of sites covering the south of England.
DGL Testing Services Ltd is currently looking to recruit for a Materials Technician to join the experienced team based In Sittingbourne.
The successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities will be as follow:
• Carry out a range of soils/aggregates/concrete and Asphalt testing in line with current British and European standards
• Carry out materials sampling and sample management
• Ensuring all test equipment is maintained, clean and calibration status is current
• Able to work both as part of a team and independently
• Ideally hold a CSCS card, but not essential
• Hold a full UK driving licence
• Be physically fit as this will include manual handling and lifting
• Previous site health and safety experience desirable.
• Possess good numerical and mathematical skills – attention to detail is paramount as we are a UKAS accredited laboratory
• Be enthusiastic, punctual and reliable
• To complete activities in a methodical, safe and efficient manner
• Willing to work long hours including nights and some weekends as required
• Salary TBC depending on experience
• Working hours: 40 hours per week (40 hours basic plus overtime) with the requirement to work nights and weekends as needed
• Full training given
• Workplace pension scheme
• 21 days paid holiday plus bank holidays entitlement