Location: Canterbury, Kent
Sector: Domestic / Medical
Contract Start Date: ASAP
Shift Pattern: Various
About the job:
As a hospital porter you will play a vital part in the day-to-day running of the hospital. You will be moving patients, in beds or wheelchairs, between wards and departments therefore you will need to have great people skills as your role will be patient facing. Meanwhile, you will also work throughout the hospital transferring files, medical equipment and resources. Therefore, it is crucial you are well organised in carrying out your daily tasks.
What skills and experience you should have?
It is advantageous, but not essential, if you already have some hospital porter experience. The client will be providing full training at the start of the assignment.
You will require a current DBS certificate or be prepared to apply for one, you will require 5 years of living history in UK, HRGO are happy to support you through the application process. Applicants will need to cover the cost of the check
Successful candidates will have these crucial skills:
* Punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
* Ability to follow verbal instructions.
* Communicate sensitively with patients and their families
* Act calmly and quickly in emergencies
* Cope well with sickness, death and distress
* Ability to manage time effectively.
* Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
* Awareness of health and safety procedures.
How to apply: To apply for the role please submit your CV.