Avante Care & Support is a major provider of quality residential and community care and support in Kent, Medway and South East London.
We are currently seeking a Quality Improvement Practitioner to take responsibility for leading specific service and practice improvement work streams within the services, as identified by the Quality Improvement Programme (QIP).
Whilst the role will be based at Head office in Faversham, the job-holder will be required to travel to services located throughout Kent, Medway and South East London.
This is a full-time position which will normally involve working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
• To work across services and departments with operational colleagues to deliver Avante's business objectives focusing on quality improvement.
• To promote the delivery of person centred care throughout Avante Homes and Home Care services.
• To support operational staff to build and develop their knowledge and skills to deliver person centred care, through identified projects.
• To provide focused continuing practice development to staff caring for residents and clients and their families, enabling them to deliver care in line with peoples' individual preferences.
• To ensure project outcomes meet the required standards set by CQC and other additional quality standards.
• To provide direct coaching and support in the workplace to care staff (in agreement with the Registered Manager) in areas of care improvement identified within the QIP.
• To help Care Homes and Home Care Services develop and maintain a workplace learning culture that encourages care staff to examine, develop and improve their own practice.
• To promote care effectiveness through promotion of evidence-based practice.
• To deliver education and care skills coaching in a variety of locations in liaison with the Training, Operations and the Quality Department.
• Contribute to the development of new training materials and ongoing review of existing resources and policies to ensure they meet the required learning and development outcomes.
• To participate in practice observing where training needs are identified, working alongside the Training Manager on the development of training programmes.
• Participate in quality audits and work with the Quality Standards Auditor on the plans for achieving improvements in quality.
Essential Experience / Skills:
• Have a proven track record of liaising and working with community professionals to ensure best possible outcomes for residents/clients.
• A knowledge of the Care Standards Act 2014 and the KLOE framework.
• Excellent communicator, with experience of working across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Car owner /driver with current clean licence and have use of own transport in order to fulfil requirements of role.
Desirable Experience / Skills:
• Proven track record in care/health in a supervisory role.
• Have a recognised training qualification in health or social care, e.g. Life-long learning or willing to work towards this, or higher qualification in an appropriate course of study with a minimum 2 year's experience of working in health/care.
• Experience as a Care Manager in a social care setting.
For more information about the role, please phone 01795 597400 and ask to speak with Jacqui Morris, Quality Director.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV via the online apply button below.
Closing Date: 26th June
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates, who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.
Reference ID: QIP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £15.87 /hour