Experienced Children Residential Care Worker - APPLY NOW!!
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a Children's Residential setting near Tunbridge Wells. Our client is currently recruiting for a number of new staff to join their existing friendly team. Together we are looking for experienced Residential Children's Care Workers.
Our client provides a living environment for vulnerable children where it is understood that honesty and mutual respect are imperative to a happy and healthy home and to provide opportunities for children to learn essential life, Independence, and transition to work skills.
Your new role
To be responsible to the Registered Manager as a member of the staff team for the direct day-to-day care of the children.
Please see below a brief list of your duties and responsibilities - full list of your main duties can be provided upon application.
* Taking care of the day to day needs of 5 young people between the ages of 10-17 as any parent would.
* Ensuring the young people feel listened to and have a voice
* Enjoying and taking part in activities, including, swimming, football, cycling etc
* Attending the adjacent school and working as an LSA during the school week
* Co key working an individual child
* Writing daily reports
What you'll need to succeed
* Successful candidates should have at least 1 year's experience of working with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
* The ideal candidate will be qualified to Diploma Level 3 Health and Social Care, Children and Young People.
* All candidates will be committed to further professional training.
* Applications only accepted from candidates who within their application personal statement can demonstrate a commitment to working therapeutically with children and young people.
* All candidates will need to undertake a DBS check
What you'll get in return
* Competitive rates of pay
* A personal service with a dedicated consultant
* Full and part time roles available
* £250 Refer and friend scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.