Infrastructure Engineer - £30,000 to £40,000 - West Malling
A leading Financial Services organisation based in West Malling are currently going through a key transition within their technical department, over the next few months they will be migrating to the cloud and introducing Microsoft Azure to their 90+ department, eventually moving to a DevOps environment.
As an Infrastructure Engineer working with this company, your key role will be to support the existing infrastructure whilst playing a key role in digital initiatives going forward.
Key Requirements: -
* Manage incident and service request tickets, ensuring tasks are dealt with within SLA
* Work in accordance to the ITIL framework and internal governance standards by looking after areas such as change control, incident and problem management, asset management, continual service improvement and security best practice.
* Provide flexible support for scheduled changes, upgrades or troubleshooting after hours if necessary.
* Monitor Infrastructure health and respond to actual or predicted issues accordingly.
* Continuously look for improvements in technologies and processes.
* Support projects by delivering infrastructure related tasks.
* Participate in investigations and remediations on any reported security vulnerabilities or security breaches.
Design & Development
* Implementation of infrastructure design and build best practices
* Participate in technical design reviews
* Help drive technical enhancements across system real estate
* Raise concerns if requests will lead to quality, system performance or architectural issues.
* Implementation of architectural and technical best practices to improve the overall quality and speed of infrastructure deployment.
* Creation of documentation to reflect existing systems, infrastructure and processes including technical design documents.
Windows Environment, Windows Server, AD, WDS, DNS, DHCP, DFSR, Group Policies, VMWare/vSphere, TCP/IP Networking, VLANS, VPN, Routing, Citrix, F5, Barracuda, Azure, Cisco, O365
If you're interested in this position and would like to discuss in further detail, click the 'APPLY' button and we will give you a call as soon as possible.