Exciting opportunity to become Residential Children's Home Manager in Swale and East Kent
Your new company
Hays are the UK's number one leading recruitment agency, successfully helping more individuals find work than any other agency, and we are expanding. We are currently looking for a new Manager for a Children's Residential Care home in Swale and East Kent.
We are working with an independent children's home provider who accommodate bespoke care plans with a focus on the ability to offer family environments run by a fantastic team of dedicated staff. The children are aged between 8-18 who may have Learning Disabilities and mild EBD. This is an exciting role with the opportunity to became an integral part of a fantastic team and to take the leading role in the continuing development of the home in East Kent. You must hold an appropriate level 5 qualification or above, relating to working with looked after children or be working towards this.
The Manager will lead the team to engage in the management of the relevant home, including the day to day running and the quality of life enjoyed by the young people. To this end the Manager will be required to foster good morale and team spirit amongst the staff team and good relationships with the local community in order to create a warm, homely, caring environment within the home whilst catering for the young people as a whole, nevertheless take account of the needs of the individual. The role may involve working in any of the organisation's homes as required and you will be directly answerable to our Clients Responsible individual, the SMT and Ofsted. The role is reliant upon incumbent undergoing the fit person's process with Ofsted to achieve Registered status for the children's home under their direct management.
Your new role
This list is not exhaustive - full duties can be sent upon application
* managing the home in an efficient manner within the available resources, ensuring these are used to the best effect for the proper care of the young people and the running and maintenance of the home and the equipment within it.
* To be responsible for arrangements of admissions of young people to the home in line with policies and procedures.
* Ensure that the staff, both Senior Residential Support Workers and Residential Support Workers (including their relief workers) is kept fully conversant by guidance, instruction and practice with all aspects of managing the home, so that they are able to take proper charge of the home in the normal course of their duties.
* Ensure that all young people receive proper medical, dental and other ancillary care appropriate to their needs and that they are kept under regular planned review.
* Contribute reports to Statutory and Case Reviews and other specific occasions.
What you'll need to succeed
Although this post requires you to substantively work Monday to Friday and between the hours of 8.30 and 5.30pm, the Manager is expected to work flexibly in application of their hours and may on occasion include sleep ins (if needed) and weekend work to meet the changing needs within the home.
You must hold a relevant level 5 qualification relating to residential childcare.
Proven experience of working in a similar role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.