Head of Engineering
My Client, a renowned company within the Medical Industry are looking for a Head of Engineering to join their Crawley based team.
Purpose of role
As a part of the senior management team, you will define and drive machine performance improvement. Responsible for strategy and leadership on all technical and engineering needs of the company with respect to the manufacture of product and capital projects.
Provide leadership of the operational engineering and capital projects team whilst achieving cost effective delivery of customer requirements on time and within specifaction.
* Lead and implement engineering strategy for existing and future machine development
* Develop a technical roadmap to automate and support current and future product manufacture
* Lead, coach, mentor and develop the engineering and captial projects team to drive engineering best practice
* Develop and deliver engineering performance improvement and positive behavioural change to ensure manufacturing is continously improving avaibility of equipment, decreasing downtime and rejects to ensure company remains a quality manufacturer of products in a safe and cost effective way
* Research and build, in conjunction with purchasing and the capital machine projects team, key supplier networks for review and selection for key machine future development
* Responsible for setting, achieving and improving company KPI's with respect to Machine performance
* Develop and deliver the annual engineering strategy, budget and new machine roadmap to include Lean working
* Responsible for timely delivery of captial projects
* Conduct regular 1-1 with teams and twice yearly performance and development reviews in accordance with company's commitment to investors in People.
* Mechanical Engineering degree (ideal)
* Membership of professional body
* Lean Green Belt six sigma
In a Senior Technical role
Leadership of Engineering teams
Identifying and building technical talent
Manufacturing experience (Medical preferred)
Managing a multi-disciplined team
Managing large capital projects
Design for manufacture
Lean six sigma process improvement
Strong Mechanical engineer with electronics & electrical experience - PLC's
Strong business acumen and experience negotiating with suppliers
Shifts: 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, Friday finish 1pm
As a Head of Engineering working with this company, you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary You will also be entitled to an excellent range of benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.