My client, a mid Kent Engineering company, are looking for an experienced Buyer to join them on a full time permanent basis, in return for a salary of £35-40k. This is a rare and exclusive opportunity as this is a brand new position, with the chance to really make it your own.
* Transactional and strategic procurement activity primarily for the goods and materials for product manufacture
* Accountability for day to day purchasing activities ensuring that customers needs are delivered to agreed budgets, quality expectations and SLAs
* Implementing and managing optimum inventory levels to ensure product availability whilst minimising obsolescence and driving inventory and cost reduction
* Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure that the agreed commercial and delivery terms for goods are met and reviewed, and quality standards are adhered to
* Achieving best value for money on all procurement goods, works and services, and reducing the cost of procurement processes and ensuring continuous improvement
To be successful, you will be/have:
* Educated to at least A Level standard, ideally to degree level
* Proven experience working as a Buyer in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Industrial environment
* Contract management experience
* A proven track record in controlling expenditure
* A detailed knowledge of capital expenditure and strategic sourcing
* Commercially astute, with the ability to analyse, find and present solutions.
* Ideally experience sourcing bespoke manufactured parts
* The ability to read engineering drawings
* An excellent communicator with first rate interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic role with lots of scope for development and to really make an impact on a successful business who are at an exciting point of expansion.