Support Worker - Prices Avenue, Margate - £8.91p/h
About the Role
Prices Avenue is a care home which provides care and support for up to 6 people with learning disabilities or autistic spectrum disorder.
We are looking for a Support Worker to join our friendly team based at our service in Cliftonville in Kent.
There is easy access to public transport and close to local shops.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards one
Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
The ability to keep calm under pressure
Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
Excellent communication skills
The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
• Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
• 20 days holiday + bank holidays
• Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
• Dedicated learning & development programmes.
• We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
• We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
• Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
• DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
• Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral!
• Stakeholder Pension
• Share Save Scheme
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Annual Employee Awards Evening
• Employee recognition schemes
• Carer progression within the company.
• CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents
To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES