A well-established Company of over 35 years providing medical equipment within the Animal Healthcare and Human Healthcare Dental sector.
We manufacture, supply and service a comprehensive range of equipment to our customers across the UK & Ireland, as well as internationally.
With over 130 employees, we are dedicated and committed to offering our customers high quality products with excellent after sales service support from our experienced teams of Regional Sales Managers, field based Service Engineers and in-house Repair Centre Technicians.
Our in-house Repair Centre continues to see substantial growth leading to this vacancy opportunity.
The successful candidate would complete works (but not limited to) equipment inspections, calibration, servicing and corrective maintenance on a varied range of items such as: multiparameter patient monitors, infusion pumps, microscopes, diagnostic sets and centrifuges.
They will also specialise in our digital X-ray systems, which have a heavy focus on computer hardware, software and basic networking.
Responsibilities & Duties
The main responsibilities of this role involve handling all aspects of the repair life cycle, in addition to the pre-despatch inspection and testing of digital X-ray systems.
• Inspection, calibration, service, fault diagnosis and repair of equipment assigned to the technician
• Maintain status updated of each active job on our computer system throughout the repair lifecycle
• Undertake the necessary repairs to a high standard, from routine maintenance to complete refurbishment
• Communicating directly with customers to answer queries, supply quotations and provide technical support as required
• Liaise with suppliers when sourcing the appropriate spare parts required for repairs
• Prepare equipment for despatch
• Configuration of specialised X-ray acquisition software
• Setup and inspection of the various windows-based computers and wireless networking components that make up our digital imaging systems
• Maintain a detailed level of product knowledge
Qualifications & Skills
The successful candidate would ideally have:
• electronic and mechanical repair skill sets
• a computing background and a good knowledge of:
o Computer hardware to component level – replacing failed hard drives, DIMMs, etc.
o Troubleshooting in a Windows environment
o A basic understanding of networking principles – Routing and switching, TCP/IP
o Configuring RAID setups
• ability to diagnose problems with a logical and methodical approach
• exceptional hand eye coordination and manual dexterity skills
• ability to pay close attention to detail and be able to confidently communicate verbally and in writing
• capability to manage own workload and also work as part of a Team
Applicants with hands-on experience on digital radiography systems, PACS software, or experience working within the medical industry will have an advantage, however training will be provided both internally and by our product suppliers, which may involve some international travel.
Basic Salary - Dependent upon experience
Discretionary Monthly Bonus Scheme
Company Pension Scheme
33 day’s holiday entitlement including bank holidays