Allocations Officer job, Canterbury, on going work, Monday-Friday £13.78 per hour
Purpose of job - Meeting housing need by making best use of our homes.
* Make the best use of our homes by supporting customers to be in the right home whether through use of registers, mutual exchanges, transfers, decants and under-occupation
* Maximise income by minimising rent loss through effective management of our empty homes and lettings processes.
* Help customers to understand their responsibilities as tenants and how to sustain their tenancy.
* Reduce under occupancy in our homes.
* Administer the decant process to support the delivery of required works and achieve customer satisfaction.
* Work with our partners to ensure our Home Standard is met.
* Build relationships with local authorities and other partners to assist with their homeless and other housing duties.
* Provide clear and accurate information to customers taking into account their individual needs, so they receive a genuine and positive experience.
* Continuously support the development and use of ICT to provide an efficient, modern and responsive service.
* Behave in a way that colleagues, customers and stakeholders experience you living West Kent values.
* Undertake other duties as required for the level of the post.
Experience, knowledge and skills
* Current knowledge of housing allocations, mutual exchanges and homelessness.
* Experience of delivering a positive customer focused service.
* Proven communications, interpersonal and written skills adaptable to all audiences.
* Proven ability to take ownership of challenging messages and difficult conversations with customers, colleagues and stakeholders to successfully resolve their issues.
* Proficiency in Microsoft office packages. Confident in learning in-house bespoke systems.
* Proven experience of being able to prioritise competing commitments and work accurately under pressure, whilst delivering excellent performance against agreed objectives.
* Experience of interpreting and applying policy information
* Ability to identify and make changes to improve performance
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and collaborate with others to achieve outcomes
* Self motivated to work independently and with the ability to self manage own learning
* Experience of applying equality and diversity principles in all situations and tailoring services according to need
A Standard DBS/ CRB Check will be required due to the nature of the environment to be cleaned. Immediate starts for those who have their own in-date DBS Check. For those without their own DBS check, we will need to put you through this process, which can take up to 4 weeks, before you would be cleared to work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.