Due to expansion, our client is looking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
Staff are currently working remotely, and office based on a rota basis.
Company benefits include free lunch, sit/stand desks, Perkbox, Employee Assistance, Regular wellness events, 32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will perform duties that include;
• Providing innovative solutions to complex technical problems as they arise.
• Generate technical proposals to support the sales team and see through to project completion and delivery.
• Assist the Infrastructure Director with the team’s growth and development.
• Be a team player, working within an efficient and friendly team as it deals with all
kinds of support issues generated by the customer base.
• Thrive on multi-tasking to complete tasks like provisioning servers, resolving OS faults, and resolving network issues.
• Provide 3rd line complex technical support and troubleshooting to resolve issues escalated within the team or helpdesk.
• Monitor data centre services’ performance, availability, and reliability. Resolve any predicted issues before they become critical.
• Primarily use the products and services within their established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and escalate them into sales.
• Be a product champion of current solutions but also champion emerging technologies and demonstrate a business use case.
• Develop longstanding relationships with your assigned clients, using your core technical skills and personable nature.
Skills required of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer
• The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be expected to demonstrate a high level of knowledge of all common Microsoft server and desktop platforms and have proven experience with O365 (configuration and deployment).
• Advance networking skills for switching, routing and security.
• Strong Cisco CLI skills (IOS, IOS XR and ASA).
• A strong understanding of VPN technologies.
• Experience in with Linux (primarily around LAMP servers).
• Strong skills in Microsoft Server, Exchange and SQL.
• Experience with VOIP solutions and supporting infrastructure.
Desirable Skills and Experience of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer
• Experience with VMWare. (HA, Distributed switching and vSAN).
• Experience with public cloud providers (AWS & Azure).
45 hours per week, 08:30 – 17:30 with flexibility to support other departments and client needs, including the 24hr out of hours service on a roster basis.
32 days holiday rising to 38 days subject to terms after 3 years of continuous service (including 8 bank holidays).
Apply for the role of Senior Infrastructure Engineer today!