I am currently hiring for an interim role of a senior internal auditor for my public sector client. The initial length of the contract is 6 months. The office is based in Maidstone Kent but the work involves remote working so this role would also suit someone living far from Maidstone.
Main job responsibilities may include but not limited to the following:
* Ensuring effectiveness, economy and efficiency of operations
* Verifying the reliability of financial and management information / reporting
* Reviewing compliance with laws and regulations
* Safeguarding assets
* Providing objective assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management and internal control framework
* Promoting appropriate ethics and values within the organisations
* Ensuring effective performance management and accountability
* Communicating risk and control information
* Housing Benefits Subsidy Claims training, directing staff and determining audit testing
* Development of internal audit plans and Audit Committee reporting
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.