Integrated Service Solutions Ltd (ISS) is an innovative service provider operating primarily within the Fresh Produce sector in the UK. As a joint venture, we operate independently, but also draw on the expertise and network of our shareholders – DPS Limited and Fowler Welch.
Since inception in 2014, ISS has experienced phenomenal growth. With annual revenues in excess of £35 million, and having established a strong market position, we now employ over 450 people across our 120,000 sq.ft site at Teynham and our 74,000 sq.ft site at Linton.
At our core and recognized by all our stakeholders are people, quality and service. This has enabled us to grow and develop strong relationships with our in-house teams, customers and suppliers.
Being responsive, and taking responsibility for our activities, we provide a first-class service that enables both ISS, and our customers, to be successful and sustainable.
As a service provider, ISS operates within a diverse and dynamic environment and has ambitious plans for the future. To achieve our strategic objectives, we will continue to invest in technology and infrastructure, and will develop our teams to reach their full potential.
Job Title: Section Manager
Reports To: Shift Operations Manager
Shift: 4 on 4 off working pattern, Night Shift
Lead and manage all aspects of Production within the section to deliver an effective and efficient operation against daily and shift targets and plans whilst providing a centre of excellence approach.
To manage the Line Leaders ensuring that quality and health & safety standards are achieved and maintained and that Line Teams are trained in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety Procedures and Product Specifications.
• To manage pack times against the Production Plan ensuring that products have been unloaded, labelled, palletised and transferred to the
relevant storage areas as appropriate.
• Meet regularly with the other Section Managers to effectively plan and manage resourcing across all lines within the packhouse.
• To manage the Line Leaders to achieve daily output, yield, packing efficiency and quality requirements for each product run, ensuring that out-load times and volumes are achieved at all times.
• Identify any training needs within your team and liaise with the training team to address these gaps.
• To monitor pack rates against targets and pro-actively look for ways to make the business more efficient.
• Ensure that all operational matters are owned and resolved efficiently and in line with all legal requirements
• To engage and coordinate in preventive maintenance schedules and continuous improvements.
• To coach and develop direct reports in people management activities and ensure that appraisals are carried out for all employees within the given timescales.
• In conjunction with planning teams schedule day to day packing operations to achieve the operational KPI’s
• To work alongside other Managers to ensure communication, best practice and efficiency is continually reviewed and improved upon.
• To ensure that the highest standards of safety, hygiene and housekeeping, is maintained and that the required levels of training is
achieved and that Company standards and procedures are followed at all times.
• Ensure that all BRC requirements for the site are met and adhered to and that the site is kept to an auditable standard at all times.
• Liaise with other Section Managers to agree numbers and arrange ordering of agency staff on a day to day basis.
• Support the Operations Management Team in the forward planning of labour and machine usage.
• Ensure that all people issues are dealt with efficiently and effectively in line with Company Policy
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required
Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience of team leading in a fresh produce/food production environment
• Experience in labour intensive, high volumes environment ideally FMCG
• Experience of working in a quality focused role
• Experience delivering teams to set KPI’s
• Knowledge of Top seal, Flow wrap or punnet line machinery
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work to challenging deadlines in a pressurised environment
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Results focused
• Excellent Team working
• Flexibility in thinking and approach
• Driving for excellence
• Customer understanding
• Thoroughness/attention to detail
• Analytical thinking
Measure of Performance/Key Deliverables:
• Customer quality and delivery service levels
• Cost and Efficiency targets met
• Resource Planning and cover
• Internal relationships with other team members/colleagues
• Implementation and progress of team development and succession plan
• Profit/Loss/Financial Targets
• Pro-active and efficient stock management