Integrated Service Solutions Ltd (ISS) is an innovative service provider operating primarily within the Fresh Produce sector in the UK. As a joint venture, we operate independently, but also draw on the expertise and network of our shareholders – DPS Limited and Fowler Welch.
Since inception in 2014, ISS has experienced phenomenal growth. With annual revenues in excess of £35 million, and having established a strong market position, we now employ over 450 people across our 120,000 sq.ft site at Teynham and our 74,000 sq.ft site at Linton.
At our core and recognized by all our stakeholders are people, quality and service. This has enabled us to grow and develop strong relationships with our in-house teams, customers and suppliers.
Being responsive, and taking responsibility for our activities, we provide a first-class service that enables both ISS, and our customers, to be successful and sustainable.
As a service provider, ISS operates within a diverse and dynamic environment and has ambitious plans for the future. To achieve our strategic objectives, we will continue to invest in technology and infrastructure, and will develop our teams to reach their full potential.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (Support Engineer)
Reports To: Maintenance/Engineering Manager
Shift: Must be able to do day & night shifts, 10am to 10pm in summer and 6pm to 6am in winter!
To check, monitor and carry out maintenance work and repair of all company equipment, machinery and buildings. To carry out all aspects of Engineering activity and asset care within the business and ensure that it assists the delivery of an effective operation on a day to day business.
Proactively improving equipment operation to reduce machine downtime and increase production efficiency is certainly a key element of this role. Ensuring all machinery and services are in good working order, ready for production use, including servicing and repairs of all equipment on site
• In this role you will be responsible for the reactive and preventative maintenance of the packaging machinery;
• Undertake preventative maintenance/condition monitoring checks, as appropriate, to ensure production machinery/equipment is maintained correctly, safely and operates as efficiently as possible;
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide variety of electro/mechanical packaging machinery
• Ensure that all breakdown and repairs of equipment are carried out as efficiently as possible and keep “down-time/unavailable time” to a minimum.
• Ensure that all required documentation is completed;
• To complete designated tasks efficiently to the highest standard;
• Have a "right first time" work ethic and use root cause analysis to determine the underlying reasons behind problems and failures and act on the findings;
• Provide and implement ideas to improve manufacturing and mechanical efficiency and equipment reliability;
• Work in liaison with other departments as always required and provide support and assistance;
• Work safely both on your own and as part of a team, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work. Always adhere to company policies and procedures;
• Carry out for key production employees, training of the production machinery and other site equipment, as required, instilling best practice across the team;
• Inform the Maintenance Manager of any mistreated use of machinery or equipment.
• Recommend modifications to improve health and safety or machine/line efficiencies.
• Support and assist in maintaining the required hygiene standards within the Company;
• To clearly communicate between all colleagues in your team and your Manager in a timely manner
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required
Qualifications and Skills:
• Strong Team Skills,
• Part of a team;
• Experienced mechanical maintenance technician;
• Positive attitude, Flexibility, honesty and team working;
• Have previously held a technician role ideally in a packaging environment;
• Maintenance Support/Technician background (Manufacturing, heavy, industrial or FMCG/ food)
Measure of Performance/Key Deliverables:
• Lead by example, behaving appropriately with a "Can Do" attitude at all times in line with the company values and work policy;
• Improving equipment operation to reduce machine downtime and increase production; immediate support in the event of machinery breakdowns;
• Work with the other departments as always required and provide support and assistance;