We are currently recruiting for a fantastic client based in the Mid Kent area, who are seeking a proven Transport Planner to join their busy team!
The successful candidate must be an experienced Transport Planner, looking to work in a fast-paced environment, responsible for control of all order deliveries with a large customer base, whilst being reliable and pro-active.
* Working within the transport office to assist with the co-ordination of a team that delivers throughout the UK
* Effective routing using planning systems to create delivery plans for in-house vehicles and 3rd party carriers.
* Completing delivery manifests for communication with both customers and internal staff.
* Assisting with ensuring the drivers are on the road as quickly and efficiently as possible and issues are resolved promptly
* Communicating with customers and drivers to resolve issues with deliveries/delivery timescales, to ensure customer satisfaction is met
* Updating customer portals
* Undertaking any other ad hoc project or task within the company as required
* Experience within a similar role is essential within a busy transport office
* The use of Made4net / ortec / paragon routing systems would be advantageous
* Be able to proactively sort orders for cost effective delivery methods.
* Key customer service skills
* Be proactive and display initiative
* Possess effective communication skills
* Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook
* Have achieved a minimum of Grade C in GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
Please note - job hoppers need not apply!