Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
We are looking for an Import/Export Coordinator to join our growing Logistics team. You will facilitate all inbound logistics shipments crossing international borders and ensure that the shipments adhere to custom regulations.
- Checking that Import and Export documentation is correctly administered to ensure product movement between the UK and third countries.
- Completing customs declaration entries and shipping documentation.
- Reviewing all documents to ensure shipping and customs fees are billed correctly.
- Be a key point of contact with suppliers or freight forwarders should an import/export issue arise.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure efficient deliveries and timely reports for Finance.
- Help with outbound logistics shipments as required.
- Excellent communication skills – dealing with suppliers, freight forwarders, solving problems.
- Excellent admin and organizational skills.
- Able to work as part of a team across different departments.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Attention to detail, adaptable and willing to learn.
Essential Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience working with imports/exports.
- Knowledge of import and export customs procedures and preparing export documentation.
- Experience completing entries, clearances, and shipping documentation.
Desirable Education and Experience:
- Qualifications in import/export/logistics.
- Relevant degree.
- Experience in using Descartes e-Customs System.
- Experience of working in an e-commerce environment.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you’d thrive in this role please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.