Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
We believe there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated full time Product Copy Description Writer to join our Copy Team.
- Maintain high standards of description writing.
- Follow the ‘Childrensalon’s copy voice’ for consistency with descriptions.
- Follow workflows to ensure products are published online in a timely manner.
- Assign filters and categories to the products to assist the customer shopping experience.
- Readily accept feedback from senior staff to improve writing and output.
- Be an active part of the team in achieving targets and deadlines.
- Communicate with team members from other Studio and Childrensalon departments.
- Keep up to date with changes within the copy and workflows.
- Treat products responsibly and with the utmost care.
- Good grammatical writing skills.
- Good computer skills (although training for systems will be provided).
- A good understanding of child development.
- Knowledge of designers, brands, and trends (desired).
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- An excellent work ethic and can–do attitude.
- A positive, proactive, and approachable personality.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.